Powell Immigration Law PC | Business, Employment and Family Immigration Law | California

WB Temporary Visitor Visa under Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

A basic overview of the Program is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.


The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of thirty-five participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of ninety days or less without the need of first obtaining an appropriate visa. VWP travelers are instead required to have a valid authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before their U.S. They are then screened at the U.S. port of entry and enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT program.


As with B category visas, the WB (business) and WT (tourist) visitor cannot engage in employment of any kind while in the U.S. They are, however, permitted to receive honoraria, speaker's fees, travel reimbursements and other unplanned payments for appropriate academic activities.


Back to Services - If you're having any trouble finding what you're looking for, please try the search bar or contact us.