Powell Immigration Law PC | Business, Employment and Family Immigration Law | California

P-3 Visa for Artist or Entertainer Part of a Culturally Unique Program

A basic overview of the visa is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.


The P-3 visa is available for foreign nationals travelling to the United States to temporarily perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers either individually or as part of a group. This may be done under a commercial or non-commercial program that is deemed to be culturally unique.


To qualify under the P-3 visa category the applicant must intend to travel to the U.S. to perform, teach or coach in a specific and unique activity such as a traditional ethnic, cultural, musical, folk, or artistic performance/presentation. It must be proven that:

  • The performer is coming to the U.S. for means of developing, understanding, promoting or facilitating a culturally unique art form. 
  • The individual is or performs necessary support services for a P-3 artist or entertainer that cannot readily be performed by U.S. workers and possesses the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience to do so. 
  • The performer is sponsored by a cultural, educational or governmental organization.
  • The individual has achieved national or international recognition for the culturally unique program to be performed.


Back to Services - If you're having any trouble finding what you're looking for, please try the search bar or contact us.