Powell Immigration Law PC | Business, Employment and Family Immigration Law | California

P-2 Visa for Performer or Group Performing under Reciprocal Exchange Program

A basic overview of the visa is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.


The P-2 visa is available to artists, entertainment groups and their support personnel wishing to enter the United States in order to perform under a reciprocal exchange program between the U.S. and their home country.


Artists & Entertainers

Applicants must be coming to the U.S. to perform as entertainers or artists either as individuals or as members of a group under a reciprocal exchange program with an American-based organization. It must be proven that:

  • Such an exchange program exists between the U.S. organization and the foreign organization.
  • The participants involved within the exchange program are of equal ability and are to be employed in similar conditions for similar periods of time.
  • Applicants possess significant experience and skills comparable to those of the U.S. entertainers or artists in the reciprocal program. 
  • An appropriate labor organization is utilized in negotiation of the reciprocal exchange program.

Essential Support Persons

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) also makes the P-2 available to essential support persons based on their relationships to P-2 entertainers and entertainment groups. For an individual to qualify for a P-2 support person visa, it must be proven that:

  • The support person is an integral part of the P-2 artist or entertainer's performance due to support services unable to adequately be performed by U.S. workers and which are crucial to the services' successful performance.
  • The support person possesses the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience necessary for providing his or her support services to the artists or entertainers.


Back to Services - If you're having any trouble finding what you're looking for, please try the search bar or contact us.