Powell Immigration Law PC | Business, Employment and Family Immigration Law | California

K-3 Spouse Visa

A basic overview of the visa is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.


The K-3 visa for spouses allows married partners of U.S. citizens to enter the United States as a nonimmigrant while waiting to apply for an adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence (LPR).


An individual is eligible for the K-3 visa if:

  • The individual is legally married to a U.S. citizen
  • The individual has a family based I-130 immigration petition filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on his or her behalf.
  • The spouse intends to enter the U.S. in waiting for the approval of of his or her green card petition and subsequent LPR status.


Back to Services - If you're having any trouble finding what you're looking for, please try the search bar or contact us.