Powell Immigration Law PC | Business, Employment and Family Immigration Law | California

K-2 Visa for Children of Fiancé(e)

A basic overview of the visa is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.


The K-2 nonimmigrant visa allows the children of a K-1 fiancé(e) visa holder to enter the United States while they await the availability of an immigrant visa. Such minors should seek adjustment of status at the same time as their K-1 parents since their reasons to adjust generally depend on the parent's eligibility to adjust.


To be eligible for a K-2 visa, the person must be:

  • Less than twenty-one years old.
  • The unmarried child of a K-1 applicant.
  • Intending to immigrate to the U.S.


Back to Services - If you're having any trouble finding what you're looking for, please try the search bar or contact us.