A basic overview of the visa is provided here. If you have further inquiries as to the application process or whether or not this is the correct route for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.
The B-2 tourist visa is available for such tourist activities in the United States as sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, obtaining medical treatment and attending conferences/meetings.
To be eligible for the B-2 tourist visa, it must proven that:
- The purpose of the visit is to tour the U.S.
- The applicant has a permanent residence in the home country that he or she has no intention of abandoning.
- The applicant has binding ties to the home country in the form of property, family or permanent employment.
- The visitor is not coming to the U.S. for providing services or engagement in business activities for the benefit of a U.S. employer.
- The applicant has sufficient financial resources to fund the visit including all travel, accommodation and living expenses during the stay. If this is not the case, a sponsor must provide evidence that such support will be provided.